furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

day full of weirdness

As I was leaving work, I heard someone screaming and swearing as I was getting in my car. I couldn't really see who it was, but then I noticed a couple in their car stopped on the street. The reason I noticed (usually I don't notice things like that because work isn't in the most affluent area, and it's in my best interest not to notice things unless I'm carrying a heavy stick) is that the swearing seemed to be directed at me. And I'm pretty sure I haven't made any weird random enemies lately. Not on purpose, anyways. So I continued to get in my car and start it. The car on the street turned around, rather jerkily and with about an 8-point turn, and then they sat in the middle of the street screaming some more. This time I wasn't as worried, the guy was screaming at the chick in his passenger seat. They drove by, and stopped behind me, so I pulled out and turned down the alley. And the guy started swearing at me again and shaking his fist. It was rather bizarre. This was during the day, which made it even stranger. I don't know about this going out to my car by myself. If these people are going to be around when I'm leaving from the evening shift, I may want to get a bodyguard. Or a big stick.

Tonight my roommate and I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Was there really something so terrible about the original story that they couldn't stick to it? I was offended by the remake. It offended my entire being. If it hadn't had a couple amusing spots it would have been a complete waste of time. The best part of the movie was when Johnny Depp ran into the elevator door. And that makes me sad. The movie has so much more potential. I guess there's always the original.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:57 a.m., Blogger Gily said…

    you were offended by the remake? .. I think you are on crack. What would be the point of doing the movie then if it was to be the same as the original?
    .. but who am I to say anything .. I haven't seen the movie either.
    .. speaking of Tim Burton. I still think that Johnny Depp and him are doing the nasty because there is another Tim Burton animation type movie coming out this fall I believe (cant remember the name of it) and guess who it in it? that's right Johnny Depp himself.

     
  • At 3:55 p.m., Blogger Amy said…

    The reason I was offended wasn't that they changed the movie a bit, it was that they changed the movie in its entirety. They totally bastardized the book. In my opinion, if you're going to make a movie based on a book, don't make up a completely different story. If you're going to make up a different story, call it something else.

    It's called The Corpse Bride. The preview for it was on when I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It looks weird and also has Helena Bonham Carter in it. I guess since you're filming one movie with a director, you might as well film a couple at once.

     
  • At 10:10 a.m., Blogger Gily said…

    I still think their fucking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home