furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Yo yo christmas and babbling for a long time yo

And so we had that happy-give-much-and-get-some-stuff-you-actually-want-and-eat-far-more-than-could-possibly-be-good-for-you time again. And I am proud to be able to say that I didn't gain any weight during it. Well, maybe gained back a couple pounds, but since I only lost them in the past week or so, it doesn't count. Right? Right?

I finally finished the quilt for my honey. Hopefully he'll like it. I'm really not sure if he will. I have a really bad habit of needing to get the perfect present for everyone, and worrying about it till they've assured me over and over that it's okay. The unexpected stockings with stuffers that I got my parents went over well. As did the roommate presents. And I think the niece/nephew presents. It's hard to tell with those, my sister-in-law doesn't like junk or clutter. Sometimes the things I think are cool coincide with her ideas of crap. If you ever want to make me angry, tell me to stop getting you junk when I mention that I got your kid a birthday present.

So I didn't get what I asked for this year. I requested a bread maker. Instead I got a table and chairs. Which is another story. I was going to purchase them earlier on sale, but the store was out and wouldn't do rain checks and wouldn't order them in and wouldn't be getting any more in till after the sale and wouldn't even give me the time of day. Jerks. So I asked my kindly parental units if they could see about getting me one from their local store, which is very good about things like that. And lo and behold, they had Amy's bewanted wooden marvel. It's very pretty, real wood. As opposed to the cheap particle board replicas I usually put up with. Not that Amy and quality go together, but there has to be an exception to every rule.

Another good present for christmas was finding out that a buddy of mine didn't get smushed in the earthquakes in Indonesia. He went travelling over the holidays, being far from home anyways. Some presents money can't buy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home