furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Weekend weekend rah rah rah

I had a busy weekend again. I gotta stop doing that.

Friday night I went bowling with some friends for my birthday. I'm old now. Heather gave me a bunch of kitchen stuff and some of the bestest licorice ever that we ate all the time on our trip to NZ/Australia and couldn't find here till now. So good.

Saturday I had my voice lesson as usual, then went shopping. I hate shopping. I'm an atypical woman. My mom told me she's giving me clothes for christmas though, so I had to put up with it. Sears had a great clearance area so I managed to find a couple sweaters, a pair of dress-ish pants (they're not really dress pants, but they're a step up from jeans), a pair of jeans, and a super-soft fleece shirt thingy. And at least I won't have to do this again for a while. You can dress me up, but you still can't take me out in public.

In the afternoon I went over to Gilly's and we prepped and painted the room for the baby. I think they were getting kind of nervous, since Leanne has been retaining fluid like she did just before Harley popped out, and they still hadn't renovated the room. The paint colour wasn't what any of us were expecting, kind of a brilliant salmon colour. It's kind of a terrible colour to put on walls. But hey, paint is paint, and it's already been installed.

Then yesterday Gil and I went hard on the flooring, and managed to get it all in plus put in the baseboards, so they were really relieved. Harley still prefers his blue car room though. I have to give him credit, it's a pretty good choice.

Something weird, since they were planning on re-doing the paint anyways, Gil let Harley draw on the walls in that room. The most recent paint colour on the walls had been white, with big paintings of Looney Tunes characters at about adult head height. Since the paintings were really bright and there was writing on the walls, we'd put a couple coats of primer/sealer over before painting, then touched up where we could still see anything through. In the end, the pen and marker still showed through even though the black/orange/green paintings didn't. Ghost drawings...

And today I am sore. And tired. I couldn't sleep last night, even though I was so tired. My brain is spiteful.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope he's paying you...

     
  • At 7:50 a.m., Blogger Amy said…

    Of course he is. Ya lazy bum. You should have come out and given us a hand.

     
  • At 10:23 a.m., Blogger Mike said…

    Happy Birthday!! (even if I am a few days late).

     
  • At 3:28 p.m., Blogger Gily said…

    I don't think butcher would appreciate the same payment that I gave you.

     
  • At 4:49 p.m., Blogger Amy said…

    Sure he would, he likes that.

     
  • At 6:54 a.m., Blogger Amy said…

    And thanks Mike!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home