furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

I'm getting old

I got my ear pierced last weekend and it hurt to wear glasses and a headset at work. So I thought I'd try putting my contacts in for a change. I know that whenever I tried to wear them at work before, it would usually last a couple hours before I took them out. The controlled environment means they dry out, or I touch them and get a film of grime on the lens, and end up blinking and peering confusedly at anything smaller than a person.

Well, yesterday was different. Everything was all hunky dory (I'll tell the hunky dory story in a minute), I moisturized my eyes frequently, and I could see better than usual.

And then I touched my eye.

This is nothing out of the ordinary. I rub my eyes and stick my fingers in them on a regular basis, contrary to the instructions of my mom and eye doctor. This time, though, I must have been allergic to the hand lotion in the bathroom at work, because now I have infectious goo floating around in them.

The thing that gets me is that I used to wear my contacts all day every day in high school, and never had a problem.

A lot of my stories seem to be about infectious goo. I apologize, but that's the way my life goes. I'm allergic to everything, and I get infected easily. It's amusing in a don't-even-think-about-coming-near-me sort of way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home