furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Other random things

My little sister Megan is working with me now. She's a good kid. I'm very happy that she needed a job. If only she had time for everything. She's a summer away from being done her degree, after that she'll have more free time than she knows what to do with. I found it really hard going from having no time to myself to having nothing but. I started working at McDonald's two weeks later.

My older sister finally popped. She had a 7lb. boy, Nathan Lucas. My mom made the terrible but amusing comment that they named him after George Lucas, except that his last name isn't Lucas and his first name isn't George. Mom's comments are funny, but not in the way she means them to be.

I tried to start a baby quilt for the new nephew this week, but found out after I cut and pinned the first pieces that I had taken the bobbin out of the sewing machine. I had stored it at Mom and Dad's over the moving/having-other-things-to-do-that-are-more-important-than-sewing period. I have a bunch of quilt-making stuff all over my table and no room to do other things there.

Now that I finished music theory and singing, I have time on my hands again. Guilt-free time to work on projects. I plan on working on the baby quilt which shouldn't take long, then my quilt, the spool-knit rug I've been working on for a while now, and maybe starting on the quilt for my mother-in-law. And working on the 3 or 4 cross stitch pieces I've been doing off and on, plus the embroidered pillow case, and maybe the knitted dish cloth I started around Christmas. I also want to make a quilt for my parental units at some point, and start crocheting an afghan. I'm so bad for starting projects. I get them finished eventually, it just takes time, a bit of boredom, some ambition and a lack of books. Not that I ever have a lack of books, but I get to a point where I've had enough reading for a while. I'm at that point now. I'll try to post pictures of things as I finish them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home