furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Update

I should really listen to my own good ideas sometimes. Instead of taking the e-mail route, I decided to be a good little girl and call my choir director to slouch out of choir. I told her I couldn't make it to the dress rehearsal and that with the assignment for my grad class I didn't think I could make it to the concert either. She asked me how she could replace me. And not in an "I actually want to know the answer," more like "the hell you're not coming." Dude, I'm a second soprano, there are 2 other second sopranos, one of whom is a voice major and who can probably outsing the entire soprano section. Why do I need replacing? And so I fumbled around a bit and said I thought I could make it to the concert.

And hung up and cried for an hour. I don't need the added stress this weekend. Also, that night, when I could have used time to practice singing, H had a friend over playing X-box in the living room, which is where my keyboard is. Which wouldn't be so bad, but we live in an apartment building, and they're not universally known for their sound-proofness. Besides which, I don't like to practice in front of people. Listening to someone perform an entire song is one thing, listening to someone sing the same line 8 times in a row is another.

So, needless to say, I haven't been sleeping very well lately. Thanks body, just what I needed during this stress-free time. It's okay, I'll get my revenge...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home