furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

okie dokie

I just went bike riding. My bike and I had a disagreement, and I think it won. It showed its displeasure by getting greasy tire marks all over my leg, hands and possibly my spleen (I haven't checked that yet). But I went for about half an hour, so it's all good. The laundry detergent and I can conspire against whatever my bike throws at me. Victory is mine! Either that or it's time for new jogging pants.

So my voice teacher told me I should get a ritual thing that I do before performing, so that I don't look and sound so nervous when I get up to sing. I think my thing should be not brushing my teeth. Every time I brush my teeth, my mouth gets super extry dry and I lose the salivation necessary to open my throat and sound like I'm not chewing on gravel. Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but I still don't like not being able to hit notes that only 20 minutes before sounded just fine. It's frustrating, and we all know how well I take to frustration.

Speaking of which, I really like the chick I'm seeing for counselling. She's a sweetheart. She asked me at the end last time if she was actually helping me because it just seemed like we were hanging out. Dude, that's what I need, someone I'm comfortable enough hanging around that I can just blab out my soul. Believe me, it's working.

I was trying to record some of my songs today, but I really need a better microphone. The cheap thing (I'm nicing my descriptor down for politeness' sake) I have clips at the top, which ends up being about half my vocal range. So I'll soon be looking for something better. I want to make a CD for my parental units, as my mom is always saying something about recording my stuff to listen to. Gods knows the downstairs neighbours don't agree. As soon as I started singing this morning they left. Granted, they may have been going out anyways. But it was a rather coincidental escape. Odd how these things happen.

Oh, and my friend RB is back from being extremely blog-dead. Good thing too, I was starting to worry. Word on the street was that his new woman is keeping him busy, but I still don't like not hearing from people I care about. Even if they're only internet-dead.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:47 p.m., Blogger Gily said…

    You say:
    I really need a better microphone..... I want to make a CD for my parental units, as my mom is always saying something about recording my stuff to listen to.

    Remember, you have a guy sitting beside you at work everyday (at the moment anyway) who happens to have a home studio in his basement. Maybe he can help you out? .. just an idea

     

Post a Comment

<< Home