furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Gravity won

I had a bad gravity day yesterday. In the afternoon I dropped a jar of homemade black currant jam as I was trying to pop the seal.

The jam didn't splatter much, probably because the seal was unbroken. But the glass flew all over. This wouldn't have been too bad, but my parents have a combined kitchen/dining room so pieces went under the table and chairs. So I had to move things around while I vacuumed. But I felt worst because my dad had just scrubbed the off-white tile floor last weekend, on his birthday. And I jammed all over it. Mmm, bright red sticky mess... Plus I wasted an entire jar of jam. I really wanted that jam.

Then I dropped the all-natural peanut butter last night as I was making a batch of cookies.

There are two reasons I don't eat all-natural peanut butter. First of all, it doesn't have any sugar or salt, which I find is a necessity in peanut butter. Especially after having lived in New Zealand, where most peanut butter is natural and seems to be made from peanut scrapings after everyone else gets their choice of peanuts. After having lived off of the cheapest food possible for several months there, New Zealand food memories are all bad.

The other reason is that all-natural peanut butter separates easily, so there's a layer of peanut oil floating around on top. Forgetting about this feature, I managed to splash it all over the counter, the floor, the recipe, my spleen, and several nearby walls.

I'll get you yet, Gravity. Your turn is coming...

7 Comments:

  • At 11:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you finish the cookies? If so, where are they?

     
  • At 4:23 p.m., Blogger Amy said…

    I did. Unfortunately for you guys I mailed them to my honey. I'll make you guys cookies some other time to make up for it. Ya cookie leeches.

     
  • At 7:44 p.m., Blogger Gily said…

    if you are going to be telling a fucking cookie story .. then you better come up with the product!

     
  • At 8:52 p.m., Blogger Philosophical Karen said…

    I am a lot older than you. When I talk about gravity winning it means something else entirely.

     
  • At 3:22 p.m., Blogger Gily said…

    you may be older .. but from what I see if you pic karen amy understands what gravity is all about, or soon will.

    Trust me ..

     
  • At 9:10 a.m., Blogger Amy said…

    Yeah, gravity's already pulling. Goes well with my knees, they feel like I stole them from someone's grandmother.

     
  • At 8:51 p.m., Blogger Philosophical Karen said…

    Gilly, you do know that picture was taken in the early 1980s, don't you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home