furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Friday, October 21, 2005

One of those creepy things I wish I never knew

I found out the other day that botox, that stuff they inject for plastic surgery to make your wrinkles go away, comes from botulin. Which means you are injecting yourself with:
botulism: A severe, sometimes fatal food poisoning caused by ingestion of food containing botulin and characterized by nausea, vomiting, disturbed vision, muscular weakness, and fatigue.

Lovely, isn't it?

3 Comments:

  • At 5:50 p.m., Blogger Jay said…

    Now I know why I want to puke every time I look at Joan Rivers.

    ~~> Jay

     
  • At 8:44 p.m., Blogger Mike said…

    I for one have never understood why anyone would volunteer to have a lethal toxin injected into their face to make is look "younger". What it really does is kill the verves and the muscles in that area to make the skin look more relaxed. However, if you look closely, you can see the local paralysis that it really is.

     
  • At 8:47 p.m., Blogger Philosophical Karen said…

    Hmm, it's weird that people would not know that. Must be a conspiracy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home