furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

The big news

We're moving to Texas.  Still with the same company, transferring to Fort Worth.  I'm really excited - new things to see and do in a large city (restaurants! museums/culture/parks right in town! the ocean only 4 hours away!), hopefully better work hours for both of us with the same days off to do things together, and warmer temperatures (gardening year round! We better find a house with a garden, is what I'm saying).  I'm also sad though, to move far away from family and Canada and our awesome neighbours.  So hopefully it works out okay.

Jay is excited for his new position, it's pretty much exactly what he wants to do.  I'm going to be doing something pretty similar to what I am now, but with more focus and less running-around-like-a-headless-chicken.  That in itself is enough to make me super excited.

In other news, in time for the holidays, here's a recipe for homemade nog.  If you're like me and want some egg nog once in a while but not enough to buy a carton, even besides which the bought stuff is usually kind of slimy, then this is quick and easy and can be made any time of year.  I got it from my Splenda cookbook but use sugar since I got rid of the Splenda I had (mmm chemicals).  I use jumbo eggs and just fill up my 1.5 or 2 cup mug with milk instead of measuring out one cup.

Egg Nog for One
1 large egg
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons Splenda Granular OR 3 packets Splenda OR 2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat egg in mug.  Add all except vanilla and mix thoroughly.  Heat in microwave in 1 minute increments, stirring in between, until hot but not boiling.  Add vanilla.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home