furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Monday, October 31, 2005

and the rest of the weekend, that I completely forgot to talk about

Saturday night I went to my uncle's 50th birthday party. It was a good time. There were lots of really good appetizers that I wish I had the recipes for, and their friends are amusing and nice. Plus I got to talk to a lot of intelligent and interesting family members that I don't always get to chat with, seeing as how I'm horribly shy, and intimidated by intelligent and interesting people, and hate functions where there are lots of people and I have to talk to them.

Then yesterday I gave Gil a hand with putting up baseboards in the newly laminated bedroom (I'm not sure if laminated is the correct term/usage, but I'm using it anyways) and hallway. There were all sorts of finishing details like putting in new outlets and light covers, putting up the Hot Wheels border their son picked out (refused to let go of in the store, actually), and putting the rod back in the closet. Then we moved his son's stuff into the bedroom and cleaned up. That may not sound like a lot, but it managed to take all day. Next on his agenda is doing the same thing to the other bedroom for their imminent daughter, but with more of a pink theme. This weekend I learned how to properly put up borders, attach electrical outlets, and use a mitre saw. I did pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home