furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I like pains me

My grandma recently wrote a book about disabilities and her experiences with rearing my aunt who has Down's Syndrome. She very sweetly sent me a copy, so I started reading it. And discovered that she didn't have anyone edit it. At all. For punctuation, or spelling, or sentence structure, or idea flow. Or anything. The material itself is interesting, but I can't get around the horrible Englishtrocities committed in it. I want to bang my head on the table every time I pick the book up. Also, I find her "research" faintly horrifying. I didn't have to do a lot of writing in school and I realize that I only know the bare rudiments of referencing, but even I know that if you're going to quote something, you should probably cite the source. "I remember reading an article once that said," doesn't exactly constitute a reference.

Eesh, I have to stop letting minor details get to me. It's just that they make my soul scream in agony. Please make the screaming stop.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:00 p.m., Blogger Gily said…

    hmm .. yet you dont have a problem reading my blog..

     
  • At 6:23 p.m., Blogger Amy said…

    No no, believe me, the book is much MUCH worse. I can't look at it without getting upset. It's kind of like before we got the email.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home