furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Stringing together a whole lot of curses, sotto voce

AAAAHHH my knee is acting up again. Back when I first re-hurt it, it was doing this thing where the knee cap would get stuck in a painrific place until I could figure out the right combination of straightening and bending and whacking and walking. It's back today, and I'm not pleased.

Okay, I'm a bit freaked out now. Turns out the chocolate manufacturer Hershey is recalling chocolate bars and chocolate chips due to possible salmonella. There should be laws against that, chocolate should be exempt from causing debilitating diseases/death. And "possible" salmonella, doesn't that mean they confirmed some cases? Or that there has been confirmed contamination for sure in the States and so they told Canada that there may be a possibility, it being all Canada's fault of course. I'm just going by the whole BSC debacle, I'm assuming that's how they do these things.

Today it occurred to me that I don't have a lot of original thoughts or conversation. I tend to go off the topics brought up by other people. Maybe that ex-boyfriend was right when he insinuated that I was just following a friend of mine, that she was the cause of our relationship deterioration. I don't think he was using any amazing insight to determine that, I think he was just being the second half of that saying, "From the mouths of babes and fools." And of course the breakup was her fault, it couldn't possibly have been because he treated me like shit and I finally realized it and did something about it. Blame is a beautiful thing. Or avoision thereof.

I love the marriage of words. It is possibly the only time I ever condone marriage, besides to take advantage of the system. It's just so fulfilling when words come together just right to describe the terrible loveliness that is life. See? I'm actually kind of glad I didn't go into English in university, I think it would have humdrummed the words into becoming a chore, an everyday occurrence. This way they retain their precise mystery. And if you understand what I mean by all that, you and I will get along just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home