furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sleep is good

I slept like a rock last night. Except all the times my honey woke up snuffling and coughing, because I woke up each time. But it was a groggy-fell-asleep-again waking. And we got to sleep in today (well, I did). It was the first time since I moved up that Jay didn't have to be at work for 5 or 6 am, and I always get up with him to send him off. He usually only gets home at 8 pm or so, it makes for a really long day for him. And for me too, since I don't have a job right now.

It's kind of hard to fill an entire day if you're me and feel guilty about sitting around. I also feel guilty about sleeping, because I know Jay can't do that, and I don't really want to be awake for hours after he goes to bed. So I've been doing a fair amount of cleaning and mending, and some tv-watching (surprise! I haven't done this since last time I had a roommate, and was supposed to be either working on my grad class homework or singing). Although it should be nice and relaxing, I actually find being on vacation rather stressful. I need things to keep my brain occupied.

Although wrestling with the bloody sewing machine for a couple hours yesterday didn't calm me down very much. I wish it was up-to-date enough to have warning lights when things go wrong, instead of just sewing all weird (wrong thread tension, I still had it set for quilting when I was mending jeans), or not fitting the material under the presser foot (the damn thing worked itself loose and fell off without telling me). I like sewing, but not when it's horribly frustrating. Then I just want to kick the sewing machine in the shins. I do not deal well with small irritations.

Did I mention that I love being here with my honey? Because that makes up for everything.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:34 a.m., Blogger Gily said…

    yes .. being with a honey makes up for everything. Speaking of feeling guilty. I am now sicker then a dog and just finished puking up what felt like a weeks supply of food. The flu finally got the better of me with the rest of my family. I will likely try to make my way to the doctor .. it feels like I got an ear infection and my throat is killing me. But I juust wanted to say ...Amy? .. what gives? .. post some pics now since you have that new shiney camera.. Unless if you are using them for those kind of pics.. did you get a xtube account too?

     
  • At 9:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't deal well with small irritations either.
    Like how my brother was too lazy to write out his own blog entry and just referred me to Amy's blogpage comments section.
    Pathetic.

    Oh wait, your sick Gil, blah blah blah blah
    Whatever.


    (just kidding)

     
  • At 9:23 a.m., Blogger Amy said…

    Stop getting sick! I hope you feel better soon.

    Sorry, I started putting them on flickr and was going to post the link. I'll just do that now.

    Poor Maria, having to put up with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home