furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Oh right. That.

So along with the mundanity of my life, I got a new job. I will be working for CGI in a couple weeks. It should be good. H told me the manager of the group I'll be in is really good to work for, so that'll be a nice change. If I develop any ambition it will probably be good on my resume. And if not, it's at least something different. Me having the attention span of a small gnat and all.

I had two really long, really good conversations today. One with the counselling chick and the other with one of the managers at work. I'll miss him, and the other guys who take calls here. But oh well.

Ugh, so I discovered yesterday that the Toronto Conservatory of Music, who I'm doing my voice exam through, has again created a new syllabus and new grade books. So I'll be shelling out more for that. Also, I had a flat tire this morning and my tire was completely screwed, so I need new tires. And I need to get some dress clothes because I don't have much right now. I hate paying for things that come up. I foresee that I'm never going to be able to get anything fun. Damn you, Sense of Responsibility, damn you!

My cousin is getting married in a couple weeks and requested that instead of gifts, people should give donations to a couple specific charities. It's a great idea. So my aunt is throwing a shower for her, but we're supposed to bring food bank donations. I don't think I would be that un-materialistic. Not that I need new things, or that I'm ever planning on getting married, or that I would want extremely expensive stuff if I did get married. I just kind of like stuff. I don't covet, and money and material goods aren't everything to me, but there are things that I just like having or want to get at some point. Like my car. I love my car. It's not the greatest car, and it sucks a lot of my money up, but I still love it to pieces. Because it's mine. And I love it even more since I'm paying for it myself. It's something I've worked for and earned.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:54 p.m., Blogger Gily said…

    You Say:
    My cousin is getting married in a couple weeks and requested that instead of gifts, people should give donations to a couple specific charities.

    Cool Idea.. yes. For wedding? .. HELL NO!!
    Stuff Stuff and Stuff and more stuff!! hell man. That is where it is at! I remember when I got married I felt like I won the lottery. It was da shyte! I say hell get the stuff when you can.

    Stuff is good.

     
  • At 11:16 a.m., Blogger Amy said…

    I kind of agree, since you're shelling out the big bucks for the wedding then you should get something in return. But they live in a really small apartment and for some strange reason think they have enough. Weirdos.

     
  • At 2:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its a good idea, but realistically...the only reason people get married nowadays is for the presents... so I when I sit on the couch and loveseat that I got with money from the wedding I think "this is way better than giving to someone else"

    honest

     
  • At 4:48 p.m., Blogger Amy said…

    Unfortunately for me, I don't believe in marriage, so I probably won't be in that situation. Good thing I'm rich as Nazis so I can buy my own stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home