furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

There's treasure everywhere

The cover description from one of the free 70's vintage romance novels I picked up at the garage sale (FREE!):
He was an animal: ruthless, virile, alive. She was all woman: sensuous, over-sexed, uninhibited. From the moment they met, she couldn't deny him anything!

I like how they highlight the important parts. Not quite as amusing as the title of another one I was looking at: The Rape of the Country.

I can't believe they were giving these away.

Update: Upon opening the book, the first words are "SHE WAS RIPE AND READY!" This can only get better.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:02 p.m., Blogger Amy said…

    I wonder if George Lucas pulled his dialog from one of these?

     
  • At 7:57 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pfffft, the rape of the country. You can't rape the willing :p

     
  • At 1:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're reading romance novels and going to Avril Lavigne concerts? And you call me an ass for my kids' puzzle joke???


    I'll excpect a written aploogy on my desk in the morning.

     
  • At 7:53 p.m., Blogger Amy said…

    I'm sorry sir, I'll try to do better.

    You want your apology on your desk, or from under it?

     
  • At 11:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amy, you're not leaving for England on Wednesday, are you?

    Hey Sid...I bet Avril Lavigne can spell apology too.

    These ribald comments have persuaded me to start burning books again. Please pass the Ann Coulter.

     
  • At 11:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like you owe me an apology for making me spill my peach juice again.

    My desk is open until 4 a.m.

     
  • At 8:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll take your bet, Hema.

    And just so you know, all the cool kids are spelling aploogy this way now.
    We don't need no edumaction.....

     
  • At 9:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I should aploogize as well. I don't even have a desk.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home