furryforestcritter

Warning: Weirdness and personal details contained within. Mostly weirdness. You've been warned.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

More renos

Jay and I finished priming the rooms in the basement, and Sheri put up the first coat of paint. Then she decided she wanted something less screamingly bright (it was this colour) so she put on the first coat of a different colour. Nothing has happened since, which left Jay and I with nothing to do. We want to put in the drop ceiling and flooring, but the paint has to be on first, plus I don't think Sheri likes the idea of laminate. Her reason - the floors would be cold. But that's the thing. You put foam under the laminate, plus the rooms are first in line for heat from the furnace so they're the warmest in the house, and wood floors aren't all that cold to begin with. THe big plus for me is that laminate doesn't catch dust, which means my allergies are thwarted. I'm all over that.

Unfortunately, Jay is back at work now, so I'm all alone again. Which isn't a problem because there's still lots to do, but now my motivation mostly left me. Although I did get my car windshield replaced, and it's all shiny and new now. So I have things to do with regards to plate switching etc. But right now all I want to do is sleep.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 p.m., Blogger Gily said…

    All you want to do is sleep huh? .. .hmmmmmmmm


    ... who the hell is Sheri?

     
  • At 4:29 p.m., Blogger Amy said…

    Of course, always. I think it's because I'm not getting enough exercise.

    Sheri is Jay's sister, she lives here too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home